Vive La France!
flags of French-speaking countries
France (officially the French Republic) is a country located in Western Europe, bordering Spain, Italy, Belgium, Germany, Luxembourg, Switzerland, Monaco, and Andorra. Here are some fun facts about France!
- Well-known sporting events held annually in France are the Tour de France and the French Open.
- France has the most extensive railway system in Western Europe. High-speed trains traveling at up to 320 km/h (200mph) are used by commercial rail companies.
- France has one of the world’s finest cuisines, including spices and herbs from various Francophone countries.
- French novelist Charles Perrault wrote books such as Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty and Puss in Boots.
Notable attractions in France include:
- Eiffel Tower (Le tour Eiffel)
- Avenue des Champs-Elysees
- The LouvreWatch this video, Vive La France (c) lifeworthliving2010, for a look into French culture!